CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

My W33kend.

Well an old friend came to visit.
I walked 5 miles to the beach on saturday.
Shouldn't have been that far... I got lost.
I was in flip-flops the whole time.
That resulted in a huge blister on my foot.
Wearing shorts to the beach.
That resulted in the the back of my legs being
sunburnt pretty bad... very hard to sit.
Should have worn sunblock.
Went to a Demolay installation.
That was nifty!
Congrats EDDIE! OMG what a hottie! haha.
Too young though. Can't touch that... dun nun nun na na~!
Sunday, walked from the lighthouse halfway to Natural Bridges.
Got a few more miles under my belt for the weekend.
It was beautiful. Great way to spend the day.
No we did not smoke... yes it is Santa Cruz.
No we did not partake.
We did however spend time with Nature that day to reflect.
I hiked up these rocky cliff things... once again..
in FLIP-FLOPS.
I cut my toe open. Here is how it went.

*Nicole climbs down staircase to the beach
Mike and anthony follow.
We walk across tide pools, up a little ledge.
Anthony and Mike take off and climb the rocks down to the shore.
They leave Nicole for 15 minutes.
Nicole thinks they will be back
They come from behind.
Down the staircase I originally took to get to the beach mind you.
They had made a big circle....
They say lets go...
I get up to go back to the stairs...
they tell me the city has blocked the stairs off with red wire
and it is illegal to take it down.
We must climb the rocks to the thin sandy trail....
UGH.
I hate heights...
I have horrible balance
and I was in FLIP FLOPS.
So we start climbing these rocks,
Above the ocean...
could have fallen to my death (over dramatizing... just a little)
Finally make it up,
ANthony is all MR. Balance, no hands let me help you!
We make it up to the road.
Mike says, well if you are going to Africa you have to get ready.
That was lesson one for the Peace Corps.
Are you ready for lesson two?
I say sure.
He replies, " just remember, it is not your fucking country."
Then he ranted about not getting and America is better than you complex
while out of the country.
So we turn around and begin our mile hike back to the car...
we pass the stairs I originally took to get to the beach.
NO RED WIRE.
They just wanted me to climb the rocks.
Jerks.
But it was worth it.
My legs were sore yesterday.
But I can't wait to go hike again.
Maybe I will go explore by myself tomorrow.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend who was once in the peace corps warned me to not get an America-is-better-than-you attitude, as well. How coincidental.